Looking for hitting nets to hit into
by Joe M
Hurricane Net by Athlonic (Outdoor)
My son is 6 yrs old, has been hitting since he was two, played on his first team this year and made all star team. All that aside, I am just looking for a good net that he can hit into in our back yard. Any suggestions?
Swing Smarter Response:
Hey Joe, glad to hear your son already has 4 years of hitting under his belt, very good. Every great young hitter needs a decent net to hit into.
I love Athlonic's products and customer service, and if you've been to The Starting Lineup Store, you'll see one of their products cracked a spot, The Wheeler Dealer Spitter soft toss machine.
They also make two nets to hit into, 1) The Hurricane Net - is for outdoor use, easy up/down, built to withstand 90mph winds, weighs only 11 pounds, comes with a rugged zippered tote bag, and here are the features:
- 7.5 Ft x 7.5 Ft Hitting Area
- #21 Heavy Duty Nylon Netting
- "Push Button" Fiberglass Telescoping Masts
- Tuffgrip 5/16" x 9" Steel Hooked Spikes
- 800 LB Test Parachute Strapping
- Fully Waterproof
- Ships UPS Regular
- 2 Year Guarantee
This net is $159.
And, 2) the Zip Net
- is great for indoor use (garage)...you string a cord just beneath ceiling for garage for net to slide open and closed.
- 12 Ft x 8.5 Ft High x 21 gallon nylon
- Fits a single and 2-car garage
- Great for basements too
- All need hardware included
- Ships UPS Ground
- 3 year fully guaranteed
This is $159 as well.
We can get paralyzed deciding on all the hitting nets out there, I just love Athlonic's customer service and quality, so I think this is the best way to go.
You can purchase them in The Starting Lineup Store by CLICKING THIS LINK
When your son gets more advanced and needs a heavier hitting net, then I'd get a sock net by ATEC
. This will run you double the price, $299.
I hope this helps Joe!